Do you drive all the way to the festivals?
- Well the Bus doesn’t float so typically, part of if is via the Channel Tunnel. But yes, we drive from the locations listed on our pick up points page to the festival site.
Do you stop on the way/on the way back?
- Our drivers have to stop every few hours for a rest. On the way to M’era Luna we typically make stops at pick up points, at the Eurostar (around Midnight), for breakfast just over the German border (around 7:30am), at a supermarket in Hildesheim (around 11am) and arrive at the camp site about midday. On the way back, if we are making good time we sometimes stop at a Belgian chocolate factory!
Is there a toilet on the bus?
- Yes – we don’t have super-human bladders…. yet.
Is it comfortable?
- While it isn’t a first class luxury airline, the coaches are fairly comfortable. Gov’nor Ade books the busses so there are approximately 2 seats per person and this allows everybody to stretch out a bit. The busses have air conditioning or fans, curtains (to hide from the sun like the vampire-wannabes we are) and a toilet (as stated above).
How long does it take?
- It can greatly depend but at M’era Luna 2012, Potters Bar (London) to the festival site at Hildesheim took 14 hours. We left on the Monday after the festival at 9am and got back to Potters Bar around midnight so the journey back took about the same.
I hate camping. Do I have to camp?
- No. Our drivers need some serious shut eye and some of our lot are total wusses who want luxury over fun! Included in the pricing is a shuttle bus to and from a chosen, nearby hotel before the first band starts and after the last band finishes. The Hotel for M’era Luna is the Novotel Hildesheim
Do you go to Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig?
- Running a bus to WGT Leipzig has been discussed but so far, because of the length of the festival (4 days – M’era Luna, Blackfields and Amphi are only 2 days) coupled with the fact that the festival takes place in a city with very good travel links means that this is unlikely to be cost effective. However some of our number do go/have gone to WGT so please feel free to ask questions on our Facebook Group. Other good resources are Miss Jade’s guide to Wave Gotik Treffen travel to Leipzig, Miss Jade’s Wave Gotik Treffen recommended places in Leipzig and Sadgoths Unofficial Guide to WGT
Any further questions? Comment below and we’ll add to the FAQ page!